July 9 Update: This feature is now live for all merchants! You can adjust your store's timezone settings by going into the merchant portal and going to Settings>>General, changing the timezone dropdown & then clicking Save after you make your selection.
For any questions or feedback, please email us at email@example.com
'Update June 28th, 2018'
This feature is now in beta testing!! If you’d like to be in the beta, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll add your store. We’ll email back when it’s turned on so you can customize your timezone and help use beta test it.
'Original post April 27th, 2018'
Cratejoy should be customizable to operate under your local business hours. That is why we are starting development of a feature so that you are able to edit what timezone your store operates under.
Date and time are integral to every part of the platform so we have a lot of work ahead of us. Once this is completed, you will be able to select a timezone setting for your store.
Benefits of local timezone customization include:
- Cutoff dates and coupon activation/expiration dates will align with midnight your timezone instead of midnight UTC, as it is now. So when you tell your customers that have till April 30th to buy your box, it will be midnight April 30th your timezone.
- Store analytics, charts & exports will also be in the customized timezone. This will make it easier for you to compare your store data (e.g. revenue on a specific date) with other 3rd party tools, like Google Analytics or Facebook Ads, which can be customized for timezones.
- By default each store will still be UTC until its timezone settings are customized.
- If the selected timezone adheres to daylight savings time, it will automatically adjust for the merchant during those dates.
- You should be aware that any historical reports or data could be different once you customize your store timezone settings. The store data does not change in our database, but how the data is grouped and displayed will change if timezone is customized. This means that numbers that you’ve used historically can, and probably will, adjust when you customize your timezone settings. For example, some orders that used to be on a certain day UTC and will now be on a different day based on your timezone settings.
- The API won’t change & will still be in UTC so that existing integrations do not immediately break. If you would like your API integrations to have the ability to use your timezone offset, please let us know so we can prioritize this work appropriately and develop it. After much review, this plan will disrupt the fewest amount of merchants as possible.
As I mentioned before, this is a huge undertaking. We appreciate your patience and feedback while we work on this project.
If anyone has any questions, thoughts or concerns about this, please reach out to me at email@example.com